So....Avi auditioned for a part in a movie called Straight A's staring Anna Paquin (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001593/) and Ryan Phillippe (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000202/). She did not get the part but has been offered the part as the girl's photo double.
Here is the girl who got the part, Ursula Parker (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3425494/). After looking up her resume, I see why. She is from New York and has quite a resume going. Probably the biggest plus was that she was in The Son of No One with Katie Holmes & Channing Tatum which was by the same producer as Straight A's. :-)
As always with Avi, even though she was disappointed that she didn't get the part, she is SO excited to meet this young lady and completely understands what an honor this is without me saying a word. She was beside herself excited! She will be working with all the cast as well and, truthfully, there is a lot more acting to being a photo double than it sounds like. Truthfully, she just loves to work! I'm always in awe. She will probably be in the movie in different spots that only we will know. ;-)
She has done a workshop with this casting director before and he is fabulous! They have been wonderful to us and are thrilled that she accepted the role. We are thinking it was meant to be since she will get back the weekend before she's set to start filming an independent movie in San Antonio. I'm afraid she won't be doing her celebrity appearance at the San Antonio Horrific Film Festival. :( She is a little bummed but made the decision herself.
We are heading to Shreveport on Monday for....here's the really hard part...18 days!! Yes, 18 days. I'm dealing with the fact (ok, truthfully, freaking out) that we'll have to leave Rick and the boys for that long (the longest yet). :-( :-( This is going to be so hard but we are all taking a completely positive attitude and know how great this will be for her. The boys will be spending some time with grandparents and then Rick and the boys will come up for a while and then the boys will stay with me. Casting said that they are welcome to be on set with us (normally a no-no). I don't, of course, have any worries about this at all because, well, they've been along for the ride with her for years and know the drill on set and love to watch her work. They are good energy for her. :-)
Sooooo....we're going to enjoy the weekend and then hit the road. :-)
As for gymnastics, I am going to hopefully find a gym that will let her work out with their Level 4 team if it fits her schedule or at least let her come up and practice. Going to pick her coaches brain about what I need to tell her...yikes! She loves it too much!
And that's that for now.
Love you all!!!!
:-) Rachel & Avi
P.S. I know that everyone has been asking about when Meeting Evil will be out. I still don't know. :-( It was originally slated for the beginning of 2012 but we had heard rumors that it might be sooner. However, from what we've heard now, it still looks like beginning of next year. Her agency is on top of it and will let us know when we get to hit LA for the premier. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment